What is that itchy bump?
It probably is a mosquito bite, now that the weather is warmer (at least in some places). The pesky mosquito is here to ruin our picnics and our evening get-togethers. There are over 250 species of mosquitoes and the time they bite humans at varies from species to species. Some mosquitoes bite during the day while others bite after sunset. In any case, these pests annoy us, irritate us, and also inflict itchy bites on our bodies. The worst part: they even transmit deadly diseases like malaria and dengue.
If you are looking to get rid of mosquitoes in your bedroom as well as outdoors in your yard, you are in the right place! In this guide, we will learn all about the best indoor and outdoor mosquito killers that are effective and provide value for money. We will also talk about the top 10 best mosquito killers, zappers and traps.
But first some basics…
- What Causes Widespread Mosquitoes Infestation?
- What are the Dangers of Mosquitoes to Humans?
- Even Your Pets are not safe from Mosquitoes
- What Attracts Mosquitoes to Humans?
- Options to Repel or Kill Mosquitoes
- 10 Best Mosquito Killers
- 1. Crioxen Indoor Plug-In Bug Zapper
- 2. Brison Indoor Plug In Mosquito Zapper
- 3. Aspecteck Electronic Bug Zapper
- 4. LiBa Bug Killer and Zapper
- 5. Sourcing4U The Executioner Zapper
- 6. Flowtron Electronic Bug Killer
- 7. ZAP It BUG Zapper
- 8. Prime House Ultrasonic Pest Repellent
- 9. KAPAS Electric Bug Zapper
- 10. Elucto Electric Bug Zapper
What Causes Widespread Mosquitoes Infestation?
Here are common factors that cause mosquitoes in an area:
- Female mosquitoes lay hundreds of eggs on the surface of the water. The life cycle of mosquitoes is relatively short and takes fewer than three weeks and they need water to complete the stages. Thus, the accumulation of standing water is the main culprit behind mosquito infestation.
- Over the decades, mosquitoes are getting immune to common chemicals, insecticides and repellents. By natural selection, pesticides have created strains of super-resistant
- Widespread use of pesticides also kills frogs, fish, birds and other natural predators of the mosquito leading to an increase in their numbers.
What are the Dangers of Mosquitoes to Humans?
These terrible bugs lead to bites and itchy welts in sensitive people. Children are extremely sensitive and, sometimes, even allergic to mosquito bites. These tiny bugs are capable of disturbing a good night’s sleep in adults leading to a lack of productivity at work the next day. In some people, mosquitoes are known to cause psychological issues like insomnia, nervousness and anxiety.
Mosquitoes spread many deadly diseases including malaria, yellow fever, dengue, encephalitis in humans. In fact; mosquitoes can be considered as the biggest foes of human beings. Worldwide, one child dies of malaria every 30 seconds. On average, one million people die from mosquito-borne diseases every year. (Ref: UNICEF).
That is why all homeowners need to use the best indoor and outdoor mosquito killers to keep their loved ones safe. After all; it takes just one probe from an infected female mosquito to infect a human being!
Even Your Pets are not safe from Mosquitoes
Household pets such as cats and dogs can also get bitten by mosquitoes. In dogs, mosquito bites from an infected female mosquito can lead to filaria or heartworms. The heartworm larvae can impact blood circulation and, in weak or elderly pets, could cause immediate death. This is why pet owners need to use the best indoor mosquito traps and mosquito killers in 2019 to keep their beloved pets safe from these deadly disease vectors.
What Attracts Mosquitoes to Humans?
- Mosquitoes are drawn to the carbon dioxide exhaled by sleeping humans.
- After feeding, they look for shaded vegetation to rest and digest their meals. Next, they seek dense vegetation, damp corners, wet mops, wood and leaf piles, old tires containing water, swing sets/playsets, toys, etc to rest and to mate.
- Once the female mosquito has digested her meals, she seeks water bodies to lay hundreds of eggs.
Options to Repel or Kill Mosquitoes
There are different kinds of mosquito killers or repellents available in the market these days.
10 Best Mosquito Killers
Get full protection from indoor mosquitoes using this easy to use, convenient, effective, durable and eco-friendly mosquito killer for bedroom. It is completely free from chemicals and pesticides and safe for use near pets, babies, etc. Crioxen indoor mosquito zapper comes with a UV lamp and zaps all kinds of household bugs like flies, ants, gnats, etc. It provides a safe and quiet operation so you can use it in the bedroom or living room when watching TV.
Protect your home, office or any property with the Brison Indoor Mosquito Zapper. This is a fully safe, easy to use UV light based mosquito killer that will also remove and repel gnats, moths, house flies, fruit flies and other annoying bugs from your bedroom, living room and kitchen, etc.
Aspecteck mosquito killer for indoor use is the safe and chemical-free way to zap mosquitoes, flies and other household flying bugs. The unit radiates UV lights which attracts the mosquitoes to it killing them instantly.
LIBA bug zapper emits a 365nm wavelength that kills mosquitoes instantaneously. The warm light source attracts flying bugs to the device where they die upon touching the grid. The best part is that it is completely safe for humans and pets.
Zap and kill crawling as well as flying insects with this handheld mosquito zapper for indoor and outdoor use. If you are squeamish about bugs, this is the product to invest in. You can easily swat away fruit flies/gnats, house flies, roaches, wasps, bumble bees and mosquitoes with this zapper. This battery operated device works on all kinds of bugs.
This is undoubtedly the best and most advanced mosquito killer for Outdoor use only. However, it covers an area of nearly 1-acre which means your entire property is protected from all kinds of flying bugs.
This is a USB powered mosquito zapper in dual pack combo that zaps flies, moths, mosquitoes and fruit flies instantaneously. It is suitable for killing mosquitoes indoors and outdoors.
This powerful ultrasonic repellent does not need refills. Simply plug it in and keep your house safe from crawling bugs as well as flying insects. It works on mosquitoes, ants, rodents, squirrels, rats, fleas, etc. Very easy installation-all you need to do is plug it in. You also get a free mosquito repellent bracelet. Covers a large area-nearly 1800 sq.ft. A single unit can protect your living room, bedrooms and kitchen from all kinds of household pests. Perfect for use in the children’s bedroom as it has no chemicals, pesticides or toxic smells. The Ultrasonic pest repellent from Prime House is a must have if you live in heavily wooded areas infested with rodents, flies, mosquitoes, fleas, etc.
KAPAS Bug Zapper consists of Blu-Ray like the light that attracts bugs to it. The high voltage outer grid instantly zaps the mosquitoes and bugs that come towards the light.
Where all other mosquito zapping devices need you to swing the racquet multiple times, the Elucto electric bug zapper will get all kinds of flying creatures in one go!
10 Best Indoor & Outdoor Mosquito Killers of 2019
Scratch scratch! What is that itchy bump? It probably is a mosquito bite, now that the weather is warmer (at least in some places). The pesky mosquito is h