Table of Contents
- How are ticks dangerous to the children?
- 6 Most Effective Commercial Tick Repellents for Kids
- 1.100% safe bug spray and insect control
- 2. Insect repellent ticks repel off spray – Best for kids
- 3. All terrain kids herbal armor DEET-free natural insect repellent
- 4. All natural mosquito insect repellent bracelet for kids
- 5. Mosquito repellent bracelet and clip kit by protectus
- 6. Bracelet band wristband bug banned for gnat flea tick
- Questions Before Buying tick repellents
- Four homemade natural tick repellents
How are ticks dangerous to the children?
Ticks are tiny insects that they can easily be overlooked. Ticks get themselves attached to the skin to suck the blood. They are mainly hidden in the birds’ feathers, and they can also reside on the animal’s skin. They are transferred to the human body if a person lives in the area where animals and birds are present. Children are not safe from the tick bite if they have, somehow, contact with the animals.
That mostly happens when kids play with the pets. Ticks’ bite can lead to serious health issues if the insect is not removed instantly. Children may suffer the diseases like lymph disease and bacterial infection like Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Bull’s-eye rashes on the skin are the symptoms of lymph disease. Professional medical advice is necessary if the disease is severe.
6 Most Effective Commercial Tick Repellents for Kids
It is not easy to choose among various repellents available in the stores. Make sure the insect repellent are registered with Environmental Protection Agency. Repellents should not contain DEET, Permethrin-based tick repellents are safe instead. DEET is harmful not only for kids but also for your soft puppy bellies. According to the consumer reports, some top rated insect repellents are discussed below that are effective for children.
- The composition of this repellent is from all the natural stuff. If you are confused by various options available and would like a safe and chemical-free repellent for your kid, go for this 100% safe bug spray. It protects your child from the ticks in a very protective way.
- Apply the spray on the exposed body parts when going somewhere out of the house. Don’t let your children play outdoor without using this spray.
Application tips: Be careful while applying, it can irritate your eyes if it is contacted with them.
- Insect repellent ticks repel off spray is perfect for all the skin types. Kids do not complain about any dryness or stickiness on the skin. This spray is an organic and DEET-free solution that keeps your children protected from all the nasty bugs. It is just like a scented lotion.
- Spray on your kids’ body when leaving your home. You can also keep them in your bags while going on the holidays.
Application tips: Don’t apply if you already have rashes or wounds. Use on the bruised body parts can be painful.
- It is waterproof when applied on the skin and gives protection for 2 to 3 hours.
- It contains no DEET and is composed of natural oils.
- It gives a magnificent smell and causes no irritation.
- That is best for the kids who like to play outdoor and get allergic easily with the insect bites.
- Rub this herbal solution to your kid’s body while he/she is playing in the garden with the pets or whenever he/she goes somewhere.
Application tip: Do not let the solution have a contact with eyes.
- The stuff of this repellent bracelet contains natural citronella extract and is DEET free. Mosquitoes and ticks do not wander around if the kids have them on their wrist or ankle:
- Wear the bracelet, or you can even hang it in your kid’s play area to avoid bugs.
Application tip: The smell can be strong for little babies.
- This product is made up of DEET-free and natural ingredients, this kit is water resistant and provides the protection for 60 days.
- There is a refill option if the repelling effect of the bracelet goes away.
- That is a smart solution if you do not like using sprays.
- It is totally safe and picture-perfect.
- Wear it on your wrist or ankle wherever you feel it is easy going.
- This bracelet is spring-shaped that is made with natural stuff to provide protection against ticks and fleas.
- It is light in weight and durable. Its structure makes it fit for everyone.
- It is very cost effective as there are 15 items in one package. You can share them with your family members.
- In addition to that, the fragrance of this repellent is magnificent.
- Choose it yourself whether you would like to wear this on the wrist or ankle. Both are comfortable. This bracelet does not irritate at all during your outdoor activities.
Questions Before Buying tick repellents
Four homemade natural tick repellents
Tick repellents can easily be made at home. Have a look at the following instructions if you intend to make the tick repellent at home.
1. Essential oil repellents
These safe oil repellents are not only used for the ticks but are also helpful with the other bugs in your home.
2. Natural tick killer collar for your pets
Your pets are also not safe from ticks just like your kids. They can be affected by the ticks. Use of repellents is necessary for them as well. You can always make a repellent at your home with natural products such as herbal tick collar.
3. Natural tick repellent candles
Repellent Candles make the place protected with the bugs where they burn. Use the following method to try the trick.
4. Plant tick-proof herbs and plants in your garden
The plantation is not only good for our environment, but it also fulfills several household requirements. If you look for organic solutions to make your house bug free, planting tick-proof herbs can be the best choice. Different plants serve a different purpose. The plants you can plant in your garden to keep the ticks away are; Lavender, garlic, pennyroyal, Pyrethrum, sage, beautyberry, eucalyptus, and mint.
Moreover, dried leaves of mint are used in the closets to prevent the beetles that eat clothes. You can keep them in your kitchen. Any of these plants will provide you with tick-proof garden. Other bugs like fleas and moths also hate these plants.