Table of Contents
Top 8 Products Help You Get Rid of Grain Beetles
This product is effective for controlling over 25 different insects and one of them being grain beetles. The product combines the quick power with residual control. Zenprox works by suppressing egg hatch of the grain beetles with a non-repellent active ingredient known as etofenprox.
- Active ingredients
- Piperonyl Butoxide ………………………….64.8%
- Control: Zenprox controls a variety of insects such as fleas, ants, cockroaches, bedbugs, spiders and grain beetles.
- Application: To use the product, it is mixed with water and applied with most application equipment. Grain beetle hatches their eggs on the cracks and crevices on the floor or walls. To reach these areas, apply the mixture of Zenprox with water. More also, if the grain storage area is big and to prevent the infestation, use a tank-mix partner with Precor or Gentrol.
- Benefits of using Zenprox
- Effective grain beetle control
- Non-repellent insecticide
- Flexible label
- Available Product Size: 1pt bottle
Delta Dust is odorless and non-staining product water proof insecticide dust. The product can be used indoors and outdoors to kill crawling insects such as grain beetles. Due to the fact that it is water-proof, it cannot absorb moisture which destroys other insecticides dusts. Delta Dust provides control of insects such as cockroaches, fleas, ants, sawtoothed and merchant grain beetles. The insecticide is applied using electric dusters or hand duster.
- Active ingredients: The active ingredient is Deltamethrin. Products with Deltamethrin are popular in many parts of the world as pest control. It is one of the safest classes of pesticides.
- Application of Delta Dust:
- Delta Dust is used in cracks and crevices found indoors and outdoors.
- The product is labelled as safe to use in residential and institutional establishment.
- It can be used in food processing plants, non-food or feed areas, ornamental plants and granaries.
- Special features of Delta Dust:
- The product is completely waterproof. This means that you can use it in both wet and damp conditions, drains, cracks and crevices. Also around damp lumber and damp crawl spaces.
- The dusting formula does not clog, absorb moisture and clump.
- It is virtually odor-free white powder and non-staining.
- To apply the Delta Dust, use crusader duster, Centro bulb, dustinmizer and electric duster.
Pro-Pest Pantry Moth and Beetle Trap is a useful product that one should have at home or at a granary. This is a pesticide free product in case you do not wish to have pesticide around the house due to children. The product is ready to use and they are fitted with glue which them effectively attracts grain beetles and moths.
The product is effective in helping you to protect grains, flour, pasts among other dry foods from infestation of the grain beetles. It is easy to use as you will just have to fold the trap into a triangular shape. It is then placed in an area where pests are easily visible.Pro-Pest Pantry Moth and Beetle Trap guarantees trapping of the grain beetle up to 3 months without leaving mess behind. Each pack of the Pro-Pest has 2 traps.
Application of Pro-Pest Pantry Moth and Beetle Trap
- To use the product, simply remove it from the plastic bag, fold the trap into a triangular shape. It should be then placed in an area where you have seen the grain beetles.
- It can be used both in pantry, kitchen and granary.
- It is safe for pets
- It is a ready-to-use product
- It has a dimension of 4.75 x 3.75 x 3.25
Demand CS is a product with Lambda-Cyhalothrin integrated with micro encapsulated technology. This gives it unparalled protection and residual against a number of pests. The product can be used indoors or outdoors and it has no odor. It gets rid of more than 30 different species of pests and do not stain surfaces.
- Active Ingredient: The active ingredient in Demand CS is Lambda-Cyhalothrin (9.7%). The ingredient belongs to pyrethroid chemical class of pesticides. It is colorless to beige solid which has a mild odor or may be yellowish in color. It has low solubility in water and bonds well with soil.
- Target pests: Apart from getting rid of grain beetles, Demand CS also controls and kills cockroaches, bugs, mosquitos, spiders, thrips wasps, whiteflies, and broadmites among others.
- Where it is used: Demand CS can be used at warehouses, granaries, restaurants, homes, on lawn shrubs, bakeries and in kitchen.
- Application of Demand CS
- To get the right amount of Demand CS, mix about 2 to 8oz of Demand CS with a gallon of water to achieve spot spray application. One gallon of Demand CS sis enough to treat up to 10000 square feet area.
- For best results, Demand CS may also mixed with Insect Growth Regulator. Being in liquid form, ensure that the pesticides does not come into contact with the grains. This is because the grain are supposed to remain dry to avoid growth of mold. This is effective while cleaning a warehouse before bringing in grains or in cracks and crevices.
- Coverage area: An 8oz bottle of Demand CS can be effectively cover about 10,000 to 40,000 square feet or an acre.
- Mix Rate: 2 to 8oz Demand CS should be mixed with a gallon of water.
- Duration to kill: Upon application of Demand CS, it will take as little as 5 minutes to starts seeing dead pests. It is also advisable to be used while cleaning a warehouse that have been infested with grain beetles as it provides protection of up to 90 days.
The product is designed to control mosquitos and flying insects such as merchant grain beetle. It is basically designed to be used in misting systems. Sector 1 Gal gives a quick knockdown, eliminate and residual control of all flying insects. This is ideal for flying grain beetles. To provide extra control of these pests, a combination of Permethrin with PBO is added.
The residual component do not cause harm to pets and ornamental plants hence safe to use outdoors. This product is specifically designed to be used in warehouses before introducing grains to avoid infestation by the grain beetles. An automatic spraying system can be used.
- Active Ingredient
- Permethrin 10%
- Piperonyl Butoxide (PBO) 10%
- Target pests: Merchant grain beetles, grain moths, horse flies, skipper flies, boxelder bugs, wasps among many others.
- For use in: Warehouses, cattle barns, granaries, mills, supermarkets, restaurants, poultry houses and residential backyards.
6. Suspend SC
This is a suspended concentrate that contains Deltamethrin. It controls pests such as ants (ant spray killer), wasps, flies, spiders, sawtoothed and merchant grain beetles. The product leaves a clear residue on the surface and this kills the pests for up to 3 months. It is an excellent pesticide that can be used both indoor and outdoor.
- Active Ingredient: Deltamethrin 4.75%
- For use in Outdoor and indoor: areas including residential and commercial building.
- For instance: warehouses, granaries and supermarkets.
- Application: About 0.25 to 1.50 oz per gallon of water should be used. A bottle of Suspend SC yields about 22-64 gallons of pesticides.
7. Cy-kick CS
This pesticide is in form of a liquid concentrate that gives 90 days protection against pests. It has a full throttle killing power that will kill pests both indoor and outdoor. It is has broad spectrum and destroys pests such as ants, spiders, wasps, crickets, mosquitoes, merchant and sawtoothed grain beetles.
Due to its broad spectrum, one does not have to use different insecticides as it kills a wide range of pests. In a warehouse or granary, there are those pests that are attracted by grain beetle as they feed on it. It is important to ensure that you control them too to prevent any cross-contamination.
- Active ingredient: Cyfluthrin-6.0%
- Target Pests: Crickets, grain beetles, bed bugs, spiders and ants
- For use: Used in both residential and commercial areas. Also used both indoors and outdoors. In apartments, food plants, Restaurants stores, warehouses, supermarkets, and in granaries.
- Application: 1 to 2 oz per gallon of water. Cy-Kick CS works by creating a thick barrier of microcapsules which is not possible for the pests to cross without being exposed to lethal dose of the product. The pests will pick up the microcapsules with their body and it triggers release of the active ingredient, cyfluthrin.
8. D-force Hpx
This is an effective pesticide for controlling grain beetle. It is designed to control crawling insects. Reaches even those pest in cracks and crevices of walls and the floor. It has a residual that is proven to last for up to 8 weeks. It achieves elimination of a broad spectrum of pests including termites, bed bugs and grain beetles.
It is approved for use in food areas hence can be applied in stores and granary. It can also be applied in other places such as restaurants, hotels, supermarkets and warehouse.
It is available in a 14 oz aerosol can.
Control of grain beetle is very important taking into consideration that negative implication infestation have on the produce. The undesirable effects of grain beetle infestation include post-harvest losses, reduced market value, increased vulnerability of grains to mold growth and increased cost of handling the produce.
Taking into consideration the need to ensure food security, it is important to prevent any post-harvest losses. Grain beetles infest grains that have already been stored and therefore there is need to ensure that the storage area is free from these pests.Chemical control of pests involve use of pesticides. It is one of the most effective method of controlling grain beetles. It involves uses of chemicals that are poisonous to these pests. However, most of these pesticides are not harmful to people or pests. Those that are not supposed to come into contact with food are used for cleaning purposes before the grains are stored.
Top 8 Products Get Rid of Grain Beetles
Grain beetles are a nuisance and cause havoc at your home. One open’s up a pantry and you are met with a grotesque view of grain weevils feeding on your p