Table of Contents
- Top 6 Best Repellents to Get Rid of Coyotes
- Best Repellents to Get Rid of Coyotes
- How to Get Rid of Coyotes?
- Factors to Consider to Choose Coyote Repeller
Top 6 Best Repellents to Get Rid of Coyotes
Coyote is the animal that is moving from forests to urban areas. This North American native pest feeds on rodents, poultry, livestock, mice and other small mammals. In addition to eating meat, it also hogs on vegetables and fruits. This animal poses a serious threat to pets, but do not cause any kind of harm to humans. However, to keep this animal away from your garden or yards and off from your children and pets, you would need to use the best repellents that are available in the market. These repellents are the natural way to get rid of the coyote. This wild and aggressive nature of this animal would intimidate people. This animal looks like dog and wolf. This nocturnal animal attacks during night times. To protect the livestock and pets, you need repellents. These repellents will give additional protection to the residential homeowners and farmers to protect their fields and property from the coyote attack.
Best Repellents to Get Rid of Coyotes
Wolf would fear all animals, including coyote. When this animal smells wolf urine, it will run away from the premises immediately. This 100% pure coyote repellant helps you to get rid of coyote quickly. Be it the animal is small or wild and dangerous when is nearby, it runs away. Wolf pee is an effective solution to keep coyotes off your property.
This natural repellant will help you get rid of coyote and other harmful animals to enter your property, premises and harm your pets and people. The scent smells of this will work wonders by creating a fear factor in coyote. This is safe to use in homes as it does not cause any harm to children and pets.
This battery run deterrent light animal repellant is a harmless way to get rid of coyote to enter your property premises. With a single flashlight, it keeps wild nocturnal animals away. This is the best to repel predators like coyote, deer, wolf, fox, skunk, hawks and other animals.
This ultrasonic animal repellant will deter nocturnal wild animals from entering your property during night times in search of food. This ultrasonic produces annoying noise and make coyote run far away. This can be installed in gardens, farms, and other places where wild animals are wandering during the night or daytime.
This solar powdered nocturnal animal repellant is the best way to keep harmful animals away from jumping into your premises in search of food during night times. This protects the property from pests, especially coyote, foxes, wolves, cats, and cougars. The flashing red light fools miscreants and does not allow them to enter the premises.
This solar powdered predator repellant will scare the harmful animals like coyote, fox, and wolves and protects livestock, campsites, trash bins, gardens, and property. The solar light will automatically turn ON during night times to run away animals and criminals.
The above are a few brand repellents that are sold in the market.
How to Get Rid of Coyotes?
Coyote is widely found in the Eastern region and preys mostly on livestock, dogs, rodents, mice, vegetables, and fruits. This weights 35 to 50 pounds. Though, they hunt alone or in a group, they possess a threat to livestock and household pet. These are called as pests by a few people. The reason is that this animal kind of pest would control the other pests in the fields. These will eat rodents and mice that would otherwise ruin the entire garden. The main problem arises with the increase in their population. With the increase in coyote population and the shortage of food has forced these animals to get closer and closer to urban areas to feed on livestock and people’s home for their meals. This has become a serious problem for homeowners and farmers to protect their live stocks and pets from the coyote attack. This nocturnal animal is highly dangerous. However, this would not pose any threat to humans but would attack directly on pets and cause huge financial loss to homeowners and commercial farmers. This animal eats everything. Interestingly, it keeps on changing its hunting style to hunt for its food.
These animals are entering the human space only for food, and they do not have any intention to harm people. However, the roaming of these animals openly is a nightmare for citizens. People are looking for ways to get rid of these animals without killing. Few of the following methods that can be embraced by the property owners to scare and repel these animals from entering their premises include:
- Modifying habitat: This is one of the best ways to get rid of coyotes. For that, you need to make the garden unappealing to these animals. When the garden is clear and has no hiding places, then these animals do not show interest in entering your garden. You need to clean the weeds and food sources from time to time. When there are no food sources in the garden, no coyote would like to take a rest in your garden. The animals would enter the garden area only to search for food. More importantly, you need to keep the trash bin clean outside and in the shady area that is hard for them to reach.
- Install fence: Fencing is the best way to repel and keep coyotes off your garden. However, make sure that the fencing you are planning to construct is 6 inches tall so that coyotes cannot jump. On top of this, the fence should also be durable and strong to avoid coyotes from breaching it. This is the best preventive measure that you can take. Types of fencing:
- Net fencing:The wire used to fence should be strong enough that coyote should not be able to damage and enter into the property. You need to hire experts to get the fencing work done properly without leaving any area open for these unwelcome guests. Ensure to keep the horizontal spacing of the fence less than 6 inches while vertical spacing less than 4 inches.
- Electrical fencing:Instead of going for normal fencing, you can install electric fencing. Though this is the best solution, you need to invest a hefty amount of money in installing and maintaining this fencing in your fields or garden. One thing you need to consider while buying the fence is to take the thickness of the animal’s coat. This would help you buy the right fencing. You would need to buy the fencing that would maintain 4000 volts. It is recommended not to install the fence that is beyond 55 inches.
- Use traps: This is an intelligent way to trap an animal and move it to another location. You can place a trap in the areas where coyotes would often intrude. You can use fish or meat as a trap to compel them closer to it and then you can lay a trap. There are different types of traps available in repellant stores. You can buy the best one to trap the animal without harming it.
- Wolf urine: This is a promising solution that will fear the wild animals from stepping into your garden area. When coyote sniffs the smell of wolf urine, it will run away without turning back as it understands that the danger is close by. The smell of wolf urine will evoke fear in coyote. This is the natural way to get rid of coyote fear quickly. There are many stores which are selling this natural repellant. You can buy the powerful one can spray in your garden or other areas where there are chances of coyote intruding.
- Frightening devices: This is the best option that is available for farmers and residential owners. This will keep harmful animals away from your property successfully. You can find this type of equipment in pest control stores. Different types of frightening devices used include:
- Motion activated Sprinklers: When the animals come closer to your property, the sprinklers start to sprinkle water and produce noise that would intimidate coyotes and make them run away from your property.
- Lights: You can use bright light in the garden to make coyote pretend that you are watching them. This is a wonderful way to keep unwanted animals and criminals away from your property.
- Bells: These are the most effective yet temporary way to deter harmful animals like coyote, wolves, and foxes from preying on your livestock or pets.
- Vehicles: This would reduce the predators to enter your premises. These can be used comfortably to wait and shoot the predators.
- Electronic guard: This device is used to remove a coyote. The light and siren would get activated during night times, and it produces sound and light when there is a movement of predators.
- Bring your pets inside: When you keep your pets like dogs and cats outside, it will attract the attention of coyotes to enter your premises to hog on these animals. You need to make sure that you bring your pets inside after it turns dark.
- Lock garbage cans: You can either lock garbage cans or else put a bungee cord in the garbage bin. This will not let coyote touch your trash bin.
The above-mentioned are a few methods that you can use to make your garden area unappealing to harmful predators and if you do not want to take the risk or waste your time in controlling these predators alone, you can seek the help of professionals. These people come with the right equipment to control coyotes.
Factors to Consider to Choose Coyote Repeller
You first need to do thorough research about the Repellers available in the market prior to choosing one. Following are a few factors you need to bear in mind while choosing the best Repeller that meets your pest control needs.
The above are a few factors one should consider while buying a repellent. Undeniably, buying a repellent is an ideal choice over the other pest control methods. This is the easy, clean and harmless technique to trap and get rid of coyotes.